Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Our Wedding!


Our Invitations had this picture on it. It is a photo Q gave me for Christmas in 2009 before we started dating.
He liked it because the two lines merging into one - a subliminal message if you will.


Saturday January 7, 2012... "the great and dreadful day" as Quintin liked to reference it.


*the above was taken from a blogpost I (Molly) started shortly after our wedding. Now 2 years later I will try to finish it*

Two years ago we were married! Looking back on the day it doesn't seem that long at all I remember it well- but when I think of how much has happened since - it seems like a long two years.

Then - I was waking up to Squeaker's horrendous meowing.
Now- I wake up to a little baby's whining that to me has never sounded even close to as bad as that cat's cry- though it is more frequent.

Then- I woke up early and headed to Target to get some Diet Cokes with my cousin Stephanie.
Now- A trip to Target would take way to long to do before a wedding! & My cousin Stephanie is engaged!!!!! I'm so happy for her!

Then- I took well over 2 hours doing my hair and make up. I had hair.
Now - I suffer from post baby baldness - I'm lucky if it gets washed.

Then- Quintin was on break after his first semester in grad school.
Now- He has graduated and has been accepted into several Ph.D programs and will start this fall! (hasn't decided where yet though)

Two years ago was about 65 degrees, the wind was a bit chilly  - my family came from MN where it was the warmest it'd been since I remember. This year it's about the same here, but in MN there is an arctic blast bringing historically low temps and I'm sure they wish they were here again!

Then- Kristy caught my toss bouquet.
Now- My bridal bouquet is dried up in the corner - and there are fresh lilies (my favorite) on the table from my sweet husband. (& Kristy is also getting married!)

Then- We danced the night away. Our first dance was to Tale As Old As Time.
Now- Poppy is dancing in her bouncer to some random baby music on YouTube.
From our photo booth "you better have babies first"
we did... but only by about 3 months!


Then- It was just the two of them.
Now- I have a super cute nephew!





Then: my brother & sisters loved me.

Now: They only care about the baby  :P
Other things: My friend Mark sang O Perfect Love - which was sung at my grandparents wedding. He did great and I love listening to the song and remembering our day.  We had photos of our family on the tables to show were we came from. It's cool to me to think that Poppy is related to all those people! We wrote our own vows and I cried.  We got to kiss twice during the ceremony. People say the shrimp was awesome, but we never got to taste it.  We loved our wedding and sharing it with our friends & family, and I loved thinking about it and sharing it again with you.
Then: I was so in love with this guy & wanted to spend my life with him.
Now: same.









No comments:

Post a Comment