Disclaimer: If you were born in March, or love someone who
was or if March is your all time favorite month, we can still be friends – this is not a personal attack.
A little background-
Growing
up in the Arctic, springtime came around April or May. January was always a
dreary cold and long month, a known and accepted fact, but once that was over
came FEBRUARY – a short month filled with my Birthday and Valentines Day and a
Presidents Day weekend, even the groundhog comes out in February which is like
a little ray of hope for an early spring! An awesome month full of goodness-
never to disappoint. February flies by. Then there are only 2 months till the
weather becomes beautiful and the snow all melts and the world is good again!
But one of the months is March. March always brings more snow, and clouds and sadness and
always last forever with nothing to look forward to it drags on and on and on.
This March was going to be different.
Although
it would be hard to follow an awesome February- finding out our baby’s gender
- A nice visit from my parents,
sister and BIL- we had a lot to look forward to this time!
First-
there was little to no chance of a snowy blizzard here in Vegas, but besides that, the
calendar quickly filled up with visitors – and ended with a spring break trip
planned for Arizona because Q’s parents were finally coming home from
Virginia!
It didn’t take long for clouds to come.
G had a fall on March 4th
and after that she was wheelchair bound.
We got along all right in the wheelchair, but after a week she became
bed bound.
These days dragged on.
Though the company kept coming it was for a different kind of visit.
We said our goodbyes to a wonderful lady, she passed away March 21st.
Our spring break trip turned into a road trip from Alabama
to Arizona taking Q’s parents vehicle home for them. Though we did have a good
time together, the reason our plans changed – Q’s dad’s health - made our travels a bit overcast.
Now I know there are more things I could complain about- and even more I could rejoice over--this month has been a sad one for me, I am glad it is over and look forward to April. Perhaps the pregnancy hormones are at it again. Our house has an obvious emptiness and a piercing quiet, it will be hard to get used to.
For probably the first time ever I am grateful for the cat.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Molly. Sorry March was such an awful month and now you are in the midst of some hard adjustments. . . honestly, I thought the cat would have been the first thing to go...but I'm glad it's there to keep you company.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it's time for visitors? Is there a time you would like Karl and I to bring some AZ sunshine?
ReplyDelete<3 <3 <3
ReplyDelete